Five women from Clay County came up with a list for David Letterman.
Clay County residents Sandy Reese, Julie Houston, Cheryl Love, Gail Williams and Sheila Zimmerman, along with friend Laura Chaney, departed from Indiana Friday and headed to New York City.
The six women managed to get some television exposure while in the Big Apple.
Reece told The Brazil Times the group was on national television Monday morning on "The Today Show," as co-anchor Meredith Vieira read the news. The group stood outside the show's studios and could be seen during programming.
"We put our Colts (Santa) hats on to draw attention to ourselves," Reece said.
As the group decided to take a few days to visit New York City, they contacted representatives with "The Late Show With David Letterman" with a Top 10 list for the talk show host.
"We wanted (on Letterman)," Reece said. "We called them and they told us to expect a phone call back."
They received the call and were guaranteed spots in the audience.
The Top 10 list originated in 1985 and has become a main staple of Letterman's program. Typically, the list is composed by the show's writing staff.
Although the Top 10 list helped the six get into the show, it was not used as part of the show, scheduled to air Monday evening on CBS.
Reece said she wasn't sure if the list would be used prior to attending the taping Monday afternoon.
"I can't imagine," she said.
The six were planning to fly back to Indiana Monday evening, but said they enjoyed the trip.
"(New York City) is amazing," Reece said.
Top 10 reasons to get on Letterman show!
The following is the Top 10 list six Indiana women came up with before heading to New York City to attend a taping of "The Late Show With David Letterman:
* Top 10 reasons six Indiana Hoosier girls want
to attend David Letterman Show:
10. Hoosier girls are graduates of the following: West Terre Haute Viking, Van Buren Blue Devil, Greencastle Tiger Cub and Petroleum Panther;
9. Hoosier girls have all attended the greatest spectacle in racing, the Indianapolis 500 race;
8. Hoosier girls want to meet David Letterman because they have seen a building at Ball State with the same name;
7. Two of the six Hoosier girls have three sons that belong to the Indiana Sigma Chi Fraternity Chapter;
6. Two of the six Hoosier girls attended Ball State. One attended for two quarters and one attended for orientation only. We need David Letterman to tell us the secret for graduating from Ball State;
5. Hoosier girls want to get Dorothy Letterman's pie recipes;
4. Hoosier girls are in need of big hams since the Indiana corn crop sucked this year;
3. Hoosier girls want to play Cornhole, shoot some hoops, cook some real sausage gravy and make some real succotash (corn and lima beans) for a fun evening with David Letterman;
2. Hoosier girls want to party somewhere other than Broad Ripple; and
1. Hoosier girls want to attend David Letterman because David is MUCH better looking than Jay Leno!