[The Brazil Times nameplate] Mostly Cloudy ~ 50°F  
High: 64°F ~ Low: 55°F
Thursday, May 5, 2016

Holiday caring

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The community rallied to support a family who lost everything in a trailer fire Tuesday. Members of the Clay County Search and Rescue delivered numerous donations and gifts from local residents, churches and businesses to the Sparks family Wednesday evening. Enjoying an early Christmas, Dorothy Stone played peek-a-boo with a new pair of pink gloves while her brothers Elijah and Robert Sparks (not pictured) played with cars. For a complete list of sizes for clothing and shoes to donate, see Page 3. Ivy Jacobs Photo.


Sizes for donations

The following is an updated list of sizes needed for clothing and shoes to help an area family in need following a trailer fire Tuesday.

* Boy's toddler size 5 and size 3,

* Girl's infant size 24 and toddler size 3,

* Women's size 1 and size 4 pants, with size small and medium shirts,

* Men's size 30X32 pants and medium shirts, and

* Boy's shoe sizes 6.5, 11 and 13, girl's sizes 4 and 8, adult women's 7.5 and men's 9.5 and 10.5.

Donations may be dropped off at the Clay County Search and Rescue, located next to Walgreens. Contact Assistant Chief T.J. Modesitt at 446-7000 (before 4 p.m.), Terry Eaglin at 605-2437, Derrick Eaglin at 605-2406, Rick Fisher at 239-5285 and Deanna Coleman at 230-9886 to make arrangements to drop off items.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on thebraziltimes.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

I am glad to see that the children got their Christmas back. However, I truly hope that there is a rightful investigation into this fire. I am aware of an individual who has the residents from this trailer on video explaining that the fire happened due to the children getting into black powder and catching a chair on fire with it while the adults were asleep (nothing about a space heater). Obviously this fire could have been prevented. Thankfully it was only material things that got destroyed and not the children. Something needs to be done to protect them.

-- Posted by xAcerx on Sun, Dec 27, 2009, at 1:04 AM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: