The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has issued a Winter Storm Watch for Clay County.
The watch is expected to remain in effect until Friday morning.
According to the report, a total of 3-4-inches of snow is expected to accumulate in the area through Thursday. More snow is expected Friday.
The following is the forecast, according to the National Weather Service, for the remainder of the week:
* Rest of Wednesday -- Partly cloudy until midday then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid-20s. West winds up to 10 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 1 below to 12 above zero until midday,
* Wednesday night -- Cloudy. Chance of snow. Then snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation around 1-inch. Nearly steady temperatures around 19. West winds up to 5 mph shifting to the south after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent,
* Thursday -- Snow. Snow accumulation of 3-4-inches. Highs in the mid-20s. South winds 5-10 mph shifting to the west 5-15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow near 100 percent,
* Thursday night -- Snow likely. Lows around 12. Northwest winds around 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent,
* Friday -- Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Nearly steady temperatures around 14. Northwest winds around 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph,
* Friday night -- Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 4,
* Saturday -- Mostly cloudy. Highs around 14, and
* Saturday night -- Partly cloudy. Lows around 2 below,