The following is a list of individuals who filed an official declaration of candidacy with the Clay County Election Office between noon, Wednesday, Feb. 3, and 1 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 11, according to position:
* Clay County Council, District 4 -- Larry J. Moss,
* Harrison 1 Precinct Committeeman -- Guy Dickerson,
* Jackson 2 Precinct Committeeman -- Dolores Johnson,
* Jackson Township Board -- Eric L. Wyndham,
* Republican State Convention Delegate -- Eric L. Wyndham, Paul R. Sinders and Guy D. Rickert,
* Clay County Treasurer -- Debra S. James,
* Dick Johnson Township Board -- Daniel W. Barr,
* Van Buren Township Trustee -- Charles J. (Jeff) Thompson and Paul H. Hackett,
* Clay County Commissioner, District 3 -- Paul R. Sinders,
* Brazil Township Board -- Guy D. Rickert,
* Clay Community School Board of Trustees, At-Large -- Leo L. Southworth, and
* Perry Township Board -- Jon Phillip (J.P.) Coble and Rachel Ruth Miller
Through 1 p.m., Thursday, a total of 39 declarations of candidacy had been filed for local races through the Clay County Election Office. Those wanting to run for office in the May 4, 2010, Primary Election must do so my noon, Friday, Feb. 19. Withdrawals of candidacy declarations must be completed by noon, Monday, Feb. 22.
The Brazil Times also has plans to announce the candidacies of all running in county-wide and school board elections.
The deadline for prospective candidates is 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 26, to contact The Times via telephone at 446-2216, Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those running may also fax at 812-446-0938, and candidates are encouraged to call the office to make sure the notice was received.