Of the 82 total filings submitted between Jan. 20, and noon, Friday, 21 declarations of candidacy were provided Thursday or Friday.
The following is a list of individuals who filed an official declaration of candidacy with the Clay County Election Office between 1 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 16, and the filing deadline of noon, Friday, according to position:
* Clay County Prosecutor -- Robert Alex Pell,
* Clay Community School Board of Trustees, At-Large -- Barbara E. Nicoson, Ronald Lee Scherb and Robert A. (Rob) Miller,
* Jackson Township Board -- Douglas L. Barr,
* Dick Johnson Township Board -- John Dale Loughmiller,
* Cass Township Board -- Rose E. Thompson,
* Sugar Ridge Township Board -- John H. Nicoson, N. Rosella Parks, Donald L. Ream and Tommy Joe Zurcher,
* Van Buren Township Board -- Joseph C. Mogan, Elmer L. Martin and Ralph E. (Pete) Taylor,
* Republican State Convention Delegate -- Ben Thomas, John W. Price, Betty Clerk, David W. (Dave) Evans, Sharon Koehler and Andy Lohrman,
* Democratic State Convention Delegate -- Ellen L. Reeves and Robert J. (Rob) Gambill,
* Brazil 6 Precinct Committeeman -- Brian L. Wyndham,
* Brazil 2 Precinct Committeeman -- Nancy L. White,
* Sugar Ridge Precinct Committeeman -- Mary Ruth Zurcher,
* Posey Township Board -- Jon R. Yocom and Robert J. (Rob) Gambill,
* Posey 2 Precinct Committeeman -- Edward Nevins,
* Perry Township Trustee -- Kevin Barrett
* Perry Township Board -- Kirby A. Barrett.
Those who were "on the fence" when filing have a short time to reconsider as withdrawals of candidacy declarations must be completed by noon, Monday, Feb. 22.
In addition, no declarations of candidacy had been filed for the following positions:
* Lewis Township Trustee,
* Lewis Township Board (three open positions),
* Washington Township Trustee,
* Washington Township Board (three open positions), and
* Committeemen for the following precincts -- Brazil 4 and 5, Dick Johnson, Harrison 2, Jackson 1 and 3, Lewis, Posey 1 and 3 and Van Buren 1.
The Brazil Times also has plans to announce the candidacies of all running in countywide and school board elections.
The deadline for prospective candidates is 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 26, to contact The Times via telephone at 446-2216, Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., or by e-mail at email@example.com. Those running may also fax at 812-446-0938, and candidates are encouraged to call the office to make sure the notice was received.