Market masters and vendors can learn about regulations that could impact their operations at Farmers Market Boot Camps co-sponsored by Indiana Farm Bureau, the Indiana Cooperative Development Center, Inc., and Purdue Extension.
All of the boot camps will run from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., and are free. Registration, however, is required.
The schedule is as follows:
* Tuesday -- Indianapolis, Indiana Farm Bureau home office; register by Saturday,
* April 16 -- Jasper, Jasper Inn; register by April 13,
* April 20 -- Valparaiso, Strongbow Inn; register by April 16,
* April 21 -- Columbia City, county Farm Bureau office; register by April 19, and
* April 23 -- Seymour, Holiday Inn Express; register by Apri l20.
The boot camps will be facilitated discussions between county health inspectors, market vendors and market masters. The intention is to start the market season off on the right foot with everyone understanding the regulations.
For more information, visit the Indiana Cooperative Development Center's website, www.icdc.coop/food, or call 1-317-692-7707.