The Brazil City Fire Department will be conducting fire hydrant flushing and testing May 3-13.
According to BCFD Chief Jim Smith, some water discoloration may come as a result, and residents should take proper precautions. The discoloration poses no health risk, however, residents may want to temporarily avoid doing light-colored laundry.
The tentative schedule for the flushing and testing is as follows:
* May 3 -- Pell's drive to Ashley and Olive streets,
* May 4 -- Vandalia and Hendrix to Lambert and Kruzan streets,
* May 5 -- Forest Manor to Walnut and Chestnut streets,
* May 6 -- Walnut and Compton to Warren and Kruzan streets,
* May 7 -- West Central Village to Craig Park,
* May 8 -- McGuire and Knight to Ridge and Walnut streets,
* May 10 -- Sherman and Center to Forest Park Elementary School,
* May 11 -- Pinckley and Hadley to Knight and Belle streets,
* May 12 -- Forest Avenue and Short Street to South Gate Drive, and
* May 13 -- First Christian Church to National Avenue and Wheeler Street.
All dates are subject to change without notice.