A small traffic accident forced a local business in the Forest Park Plaza to temporarily close Thursday afternoon.
Shortly after 3:30 p.m., Thursday, an unidentified motorist hit a pad transformer located at McDonalds Restaurant, causing a power outage in the restaurant.
Although no gas leaks were reported, restaurant officials at the scene said the gas service was shut off as a safety protocol.
Refrigeration trucks were also called in to make sure the restaurant's food inventory was kept at the proper temperature while members of Duke Energy line crews worked to replace the transformer. According to officials, if there had not been an assembled transformer available in an Indianapolis warehouse, it could have potentially taken up to a month to make the necessary repairs.
Duke Energy spokesman Lew Middleton confirmed to The Brazil Times that power was officially restored at 1:10 p.m., Friday.
However, the restaurant remained closed until Vectron Gas was able to restore gas service shortly before dinner service began Friday evening.