The Clay Community School Corporation School Board will meet in regular session Thursday, at North Clay Middle School, 3 W. Knight Dr., Brazil. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.
In old business, the board will have the second reading of the standardized grading scale policy, cell phones policy, seclusion and restraint policy and the North Clay Middle School Athletic Handbook.
New business topics include the following:
* A presentation of plaques will be presented to school board members completing their terms in office. This includes Brian Atkinson, Terry Barr and Ted Jackson.
* A suspension without pay.
* A rainy day transfer for preschool special education of $20,991.21 to the Transportation Operating Fund to help pay for preschool transportation costs.
*Connecting Jackson Township Elementary and the Clay City schools to fiber optics. All other schools have already been connected. The cost of the project totals $436,337.45 and will be paid by E-rate, federal stimulus, Capital Projects Fund and Technology Fund monies.
* A physical therapy contract with Cornerstone Rehabilitation Services for the special education students.
* A vote on hiring Michael Walbeiser to write specifications and to over see the project of up grading the Quonset hut. The project is considered a public works project, which requires any work over $50,000 to be put out for competitive bids.
* The Director of Curriculum and Grants Kathy Knust will present a report of the goals and strategies developed by administrators in the fall of 2009 and the accomplishments in the 2009-10 school year.
Those in attendance will be given an opportunity to speak and board members will also provide comments. In addition, CCSC Supt. Dan Schroeder will provide a report.