Highlights of Thursday's Clay Community School Board of Trustees meeting include:
* Unanimous approval of a corporation wide standardized grading scale, cell phones, seclusion and restraint policies as well as the North Clay Middle School Athletic Handbook,
* In a 5-1 vote, with board member Forrest Buell voting against, Dorene Kenworthy went from interim principal to full-time principal at Clay City Elementary with a two-year contract,
* A unanimous vote to more $20,991.21 from the Rainy Day Fun to the Transportation Operating Fund to help defray pre-school transportation costs,
* The board approved the hire of Michael Walbeiser to begin writing specifications and to oversee the project of upgrading the Quonset hut. The project is considered a public works project, which requires any work more than $50,000 to be put out for competitive bids, and
* The board also approved the installation of fiber optics at Jackson Township Elementary and the Clay City schools. The corporation will be receiving $263,149.03 in E-rate, combined with approximately $40,000 in federal stimulus, $40,000 from the Capital Projects Fun and $93,000 from the Technology Fund for a total of $436,337.45.