The program is in the running for a $25,000 grant from the Pepsi Corporation and ranked 18th as of Friday.
The top 10 organizations at the end of voting June 30, will receive grants.
According to the Northview grant page, titled www.refresheverything.com/keepthekidsons..., the band hopes to receive the money to help fund 50 performances for the 200 students in the program.
The site states the band intends to use the money for the following:
* Purchase new music for all performances and commission original compositions for concerts,
* Fund a guest artist/clinician for the Rotary performances, the three-night Christmas Spectacular, the Pops Concert and Jazz Café,
* Purchase special music arrangements for the 2010 Northview Marching Knights,
* Provide funding to bring local elementary students to a Christmas Spectacular performance,
* Fund a Breakfast with Santa concert for local under-privileged young people,
* Fund a "side by side" concert with Northview musicians and local professionals,
* Purchase special music arrangements for the 2011 Indoor Percussion ensemble,
* Provide funding for a professional soundtrack for the 2011 Winter Guard Show, and
* Purchase five computers for computer assisted music instruction.
Those interested in voting may do so daily. In addition, those who have Facebook accounts may access an application through the Pepsi Facebook page to vote more.