Even though the family lost all of its possessions in a recent fire, Jamie Dale Ziemendorf and Cynthia Brazzell welcomed a new child into the world one day later.
Late Friday evening, the Brazil City Fire Department responded to a fully engulfed trailer fire at the southwest corner of Ohio and Morgan streets.
It was later determined the fire was caused by a faulty air conditioning window unit.
At the time, according to Jamie's mother, Camela Marsh, Cynthia was in labor, but was not at the home.
Camela informed The Brazil Times her son was near the home when the fire started.
"They were not in the house," Marsh said. "(Cynthia) was with me at my apartment in labor. (My son) was only gone five minutes when it happened."
According to reports, neighbors hear an explosion in the area. However, no one was injured as a result.
Only hours later, Cynthia was admitted to Union Hospital and the couple welcomed their child, Jamie Dale Ziemendorf, around 7:30 p.m., Saturday.
The family is expected to bring the child home to Clay County today. However, because of the fire, they lost all of their possessions.
"They lost everything," Marsh said. "We had just had the baby shower last week."
But Marsh said donations have been coming in to the family at a steady pace.
"People have opened their hearts already," she said. "It's been amazing."
Still, she hopes others will help by donating to the couple. She said the family is in need of practically anything, including baby items and adult items.
Marsh also will be opening up an account at First Financial Bank for donations.
Anyone interested in donating to the family should call Marsh at 442-1279.
"This story is so amazing," Marsh said. "We did lose everything, but the next day, we got this baby. For as sad as we are, we're happy. It's just something else."