Online voting for the $25,000 grant the band is pursuing ends July 31. Currently, Northview ranks sixth. The top 10 vote getters each receive grant money.
Those interested in voting may do so by logging on to www.northviewband.org and clicking on the link. From there, users will be taken to the website www.refresheverything.com, where they can vote for Northview and other "partners."
The band's Pepsi website page states it intends to use the grant money for the following:
* To purchase new music for all performances and commission original compositions for concerts,
* To fund a guest artist/clinician for the Rotary performances, the three-night Christmas Spectacular, the Pops Concert and the Jazz Café,
* To purchase special music arrangements for the 2010 Northview Marching Knights,
* To provide funding to bring local elementary students to a Christmas Spectacular performance,
* To fund a Breakfast with Santa concert for local under-privileged young people,
* To fund a "side-by-side" concert with Northview musicians and local professionals,
* To purchase special music arrangements for the 2011 Indoor Percussion Show,
* To provide funding for a professional soundtrack for the 2011 Winter Guard show, and
* To purchase five computers for computer-assisted music instruction.