The team, composed of non-Rotarians (under the leadership of a Rotarian team leader), representing a variety of vocations, will spend about a month in Australia and its vicinity.
There, they will meet with business and professional people with similar occupations to compare issues, methodologies and solutions and to learn from each other.
In addition, a number of educational and cultural points of interest will be visited. Generally, housing will be in the homes of local Rotary leaders and members. Costs of travel are provided by Rotary.
Applications must be submitted by Aug. 30, 2010, to the Brazil Rotary Club. Contact person is Miranda Goodale, President, whom may be reached at 448-9290 or 812-230-6366.
The exchange trip to Australia is scheduled for March 24-April 22, 2011, though dates may be adjusted.
The team will be housed and conduct much of its activity in the general region of Central Queensland, though there will be trips outside that area for cultural experiences and possibly vocational activity.
In the past several years, the Rotary District has sent teams to England, Brazil, Japan, Germany, Peru and Nigeria.
Members of the team must:
* Be between the ages of 25-40 at the time of application, and physically able to work to a rigorous schedule (sometimes reaching 12 or more hours in a day),
* Be fully employed with at least two years of work experience in their chosen field,
* Be in the early stages of their careers or professions,
* Reside in or be employed in Rotary District 6580 (most of southern Indiana south of Greenwood), and also be citizens of the United States,
* Be personable, articulate, cooperative, motivated team players and enthusiastic about their vocations,
* Be able to attend a weekend retreat of team applicants Oct. 23-24, 2010, and, if selected to be a team member, be able to attend four or five preparation and training sessions with the team. Preparation and training sessions normally run three-four hours and usually are scheduled on weekends in consultation with all team members, and
* Cannot currently be a member of Rotary, or have been one for at least three years, or be a spouse, ancestor, child, or grandchild of a Rotarian.