He was born Oct. 29, 1926, in Monroe City, Ind.
After graduating from Monroe City High School, he enlisted in the U.S. Navy. He married his college sweetheart, Mary Jane Morris, in Carbon, June 17, 1948.
He graduated from Indiana Teachers College in 1949. Later, he received his Masters in Education from Indiana State University.
He spent more than 40 years enriching and touching the lives of countless high school students, teachers and parents in multiple towns throughout southern Indiana.
These towns included Falmouth, Sandborn, Waveland, Brazil, Greensburg, Whiteland and Clinton.
He began his career as a history teacher and basketball coach.
He became vice principal, principal and superintendent at his last two positions.
Basketball always remained a major part of his career at each school where he taught. Many of his trophies and awards are now housed in the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame in New Castle, Ind.
In 1986, he retired to Santa Claus, Ind., where he enjoyed church activities, golf, fishing and travel.
He along with his wife, Mary Jane (Morris) Hannah, of 62 years, who survives, moved to Ramer from Santa Claus, Ind., to be with family in September 2007.
Along with his wife, he is survived by his three sons J. Morris Hannah and Sue, Columbus, Ind., William J. Hannah and Joyce, Mooresville, Ind., and Kevin Hannah and Lynn, Ramer, Tenn. He has four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Also surviving is his brother Gilmore Hannah, Dayton, Ohio.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. (CDT) until 6 p.m. (CDT) Friday, Oct. 8, 2010, at the Fuller Funeral Home.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. (CDT), Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010, at the Santa Claus United Methodist Church.
There will be a visitation Sunday, from 1-2 p.m., local time at Lawson-Miller Chapel, Brazil, and a graveside service immediately following in Calcutta Cemetery, Carbon.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Santa Claus United Methodist Church.
Shackelford Funeral Home, Selmer, Tenn., Fuller Funeral Home, Dale, Ind., and Lawson-Miller Chapel, Brazil, assisted with the arrangements.