TERRE HAUTE -- The Wabash Valley American Red Cross will launch its first Totes for Hope community project to benefit veterans that visit the Terre Haute VA Outpatient Clinic.
Donations in need include soap, shampoo, disposable razors, shaving cream, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, white cotton socks, new packaged plain T-shirts, sweatpants, lounge pants for men and women, and more. Sizes needed are large through XXX-Large.
Dates and locations are the following:
* Tuesday, Nov. 9 -- At Walmart south (Terre Haute), 11 a.m.-5 p.m.,
* Thursday, Nov. 11 -- At Baesler's Market (Terre Haute), 11 a.m.-5 p.m.,
* Monday, Nov. 8-Friday, Nov. 12 -- American Red Cross Wabash Valley Chapter, 700 S. Third St., Terre Haute,
* Monday, Nov. 8-Friday, Nov. 12 -- Clay County Veterans Office, 609 E. Ave. Room 104B (Monday-Tuesday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m./Wednesday, 8-11:30 a.m.),
* Monday, Nov. 8-Friday, Nov. 12 -- Vigo County Annex, 163 Oak St. (in Veterans Assistance Office),
* Monday, Nov. 8-Friday, Nov. 12 -- ISU Center for Community Engagement (Tirey Hall, 134A), and
* Monday, Nov. 8-Friday, Nov. 12 -- Sullivan County Courthouse, Room 101 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m.).
The donated items will be sorted and placed in an American Red Cross Tote bag and given to veterans visiting the outpatient clinic.
For more information, call the American Red Cross at 812-232-3393 Ext. 12, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Red Cross Wabash Valley Chapter serves Clay, Greene, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion and Vigo counties in Indiana and Edgar County in Illinois.