The Indiana State Police Post at Putnamville will be patrolling this weekend for impaired drivers.
While enjoying the Super Bowl festivities, officials with the Putnamville Post would like to remind motorists to:
* Use a designated driver,
* Buckle up,
* Use extra caution and drive for the conditions of the roadway,
* Call a cab or a friend for a ride if needed,
* Serve non-alcoholic beverages as an alternate choice,
* Take the car keys of an intoxicated friend, and
* Dial 911 to report a suspected impaired driver.
Officials with the post reminded residents in 2009, two-thirds of the fatal crashes on Indiana highways during Super Bowl weekend involved an impaired driver.
In addition, roadway conditions from the recent severe weather throughout the Wabash Valley will provide additional dangers to area drivers as well.