The Indiana State Police is now accepting applications for the 71st Recruit Academy.
Individuals who are interested in beginning a career as an Indiana State Trooper may apply online at http://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm.
The website provides a detailed synopsis of the application process as well as a career with the Indiana State Police Department.
Applications must be received via e-mail by midnight Thursday, March 3.
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Basic eligibility requirements and consideration factors for an Indiana State Trooper include:
* They must be a United States citizen,
* Be at least 21 and less than 40 when appointed as a police employee,
* Have vision correctable to 20/50,
* Must have a valid driver's license to operate an automobile, and
* Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Interested applicants may obtain additional information about a career as a state trooper by contacting a recruiter at any Indiana State Police Post or by logging on to the above mentioned website.