The event took place at the YMCA of Clay County, 225 E. Kruzan St., Brazil.
This is one of the things we work for every year," WVCF Program Director Kelli Miller told the packed house in the YMCA Community Room.
WVCF President Jackie Lowers welcomed everyone prior to the handing out of awards.
The foundation, along with its affiliates from Sullivan and Clay counties, allocated the designated funds and agency endowments to aid local non-profits in their operations. The funds were created by donors that were specific about a non-profit organization and wanted to contribute to their local annual revenue.
The donor's original gifts were invested and the earnings were distributed to the specified organizations.
By creating or contributing to designated funds or agency endowments within the foundation, donors are assured that their favorite charity or charities will receive an annual grant to assist them with operational costs.
The costs include, but are not limited to, paying agency staff, purchasing office supplies and covering facility costs. Grants from the foundation are unrestricted.
Agencies from Clay County receiving grants included:
* Annunciation Catholic Church -- From the Annunciation Church Educational Endowment Fund for general support,
* The City of Brazil -- From the Roy E. Brown Memorial Fund for beautification of the Forest Park Golf Course,
* Clay Community School Corporation -- From the Angels for Eastside Fund to provide children attending Eastside Elementary School and/or their families with food, clothing and shelter, medical or health care assistance, field trips or other activity assistance in order to enhance their educational experience,
* Clay County Genealogical Society -- From the Clay County Genealogical Society Fund for the air treatment system of the society's principal,
* Poland Historical Chapel -- From the Marion and Marie Kattman Sendmeyer Endowment Fund for general upkeep of the chapel,
* Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department -- From the Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department Endowment Fund for general support, and
* YMCA of Clay County -- From the Clay County YMCA Endowment Fund for general support
Non-profit organizations from Sullivan and Vigo counties also received endowment grants Friday, including agencies with ties to Clay County such as the Area 7 Agency on Aging and Disabled, Catholic Charities of Terre Haute, Hamilton Center, Inc., United Way of the Wabash Valley and the Western Indiana Community Action Agency, Inc.
For more information about contributing to or creating a fund to benefit a favorite organization, call the Wabash Valley Community Foundation at 1-812-232-2234.
The foundation was founded in 1991 with a mission to engage people, build resources and engage community.