TERRE HAUTE -- The Wabash Valley Genealogy Society has several programs, events and workshops planned this spring.
One of the most popular events scheduled is the "Beginning Genealogy Class," which consists of four sessions, meeting each Wednesday, beginning March 30 and continuing April 6, 13, and 20, from 6-8 p.m., in the Vigo County Public Library (VCPL).
Cost for the entire session is $10 per person.
Many topics will be covered, including how to fill out genealogy charts, how to record and organize files, where to find information and how to search online and in repositories.
The classes will be helpful for anyone new to genealogy, genealogy researchers who need direction in order to advance in their research or the researcher who wants a refresher course.
The class is limited to 30 participants and registration is required.
Those interested are encouraged to call Linda Malooley at 812-238-2415 or register online at www.inwvgs.org.
Along with the Beginning Genealogy classes, there are other events planned, including:
* "The Madame and the Saint, Contrasting Lifestyles," Thursday, March 31, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at VCPL,
* "Raising the Dead: When our Ancestors are Evicted," Saturday, April 2, 10 a.m.-noon, at VCPL,
* "Navigating the Maze: Find Indiana Records Online," Monday, April 11, noon-2 p.m., at VCPL,
* "DNA Testing for Genetic Genealogy or DNA Testing for the Layman," Monday, May 9, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at VCPL,
* "German Genealogy Research without a Passport," Saturday, June 4, 10 a.m.-noon, at VCPL, and
* "Telling Yesterday's Stories Using Today's Digital Tools ... Writing, Compiling and Presenting your Genealogical Story in an Interesting Way," Monday, June 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at VCPL.
The Wabash Valley Genealogy Society is headquartered in Terre Haute, and serves seven counties in Indiana and three in Illinois.
For more information, call 812-238-2415 or log on to www.inwvgs.org.