Wildlife Federation to conduct forum
The Indiana Wildlife Federation will conduct a forum to discuss the health of Indiana's water April 26.
The event will take place from 6-9 p.m., at the Dobbs Park Nature Center, 5170 E. Poplar St., Terre Haute.
Those interested in attending are urged to RSVP by April 19, by logging on to www.indianawildlife.org.
The tentative agenda includes the following:
* 6 p.m. -- Introduction, Marija Watson (Indiana Wildlife Federation),
* 6:15 -- Watershed Basics, Sherry Whetstone (Vermillion County Soil and Water Conservation District),
* 6:45 -- Watershed Research, Dina Leech (DePauw University),
* 7:15 -- Lower Eel River Watershed: A Focus on Nutrients and Water Quality, David Schroer (Clay County Soil and Water Conservation District),
* 7:45 -- Break/questions,
* 8 p.m. -- Alternative Use of Algae, Mitch Braddock and Peter Coppinger (The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology), and
* 8:30 -- Strategies for developing and implementing conservation practices, Lisa Holscher (West Central Indiana Watershed Alliance/Sullivan County Soil and Water Conservation District).
For more information, call 1-317-875-9453.