CRAWFORDSVILLE -- Recent rainy weather is causing some trouble for travelers.
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced rising waters have caused the closure of roads in the Crawfordsville District.
The closures will remain in effect until waters recede in the following areas:
* State Road 42 between State Road 59 and North County Road 25 West
* State Road 42 between State Road 243 and County Road 1200 North
* State Road 43 between I-65 and State Road 443,
* State Road 225 from State Road 25 to Battle Ground, and
* State Road 234 between State Road 63 and Silver Island Road.
When encountering a flooded roadway, INDOT urges drivers to turn around and not drive through standing water. According to the National Weather Service, most flooding deaths occur in automobiles. Six inches of standing water is enough to cause passenger cars to stall and a foot of water will float many vehicles.