Here is a classic healthy baked chicken recipe with crunch and flavor to celebrate mom on Sunday.
* Six boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs,
* Three cups of crushed cereal crumbs (try choosing high fiber cereal, such as GoLean),
* One-half cup egg replacer (can substitute milk or yogurt),
* One tablespoon jarred garlic clove,
* Three tablespoon crushed rosemary, separated,
* Three tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional).
Add pepper and Mrs. Dash to taste.
Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Using aluminum foil, line an ovenproof pan large enough to hold chicken without pieces touching. Spray with cooking spray.
Dip each chicken breast into a bowl containing egg replacer, garlic and spices, coating lightly and place in pan so that pieces do not touch.
Pour the rest of the cereal crumb mixture over top of chicken breasts. Top with parmesan cheese.
Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Let cool for two minutes. Enjoy.
Number of servings: Six
You can call us at the Extension Offices in Clay and Owen counties for more information or to talk about other issues that affect your home and family.
Owen County Office: 812-829-5020
Clay County Office: 448-9041.
There is an Indiana Extension Homemaker club near you.
Purdue Extension is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution.