* DVDs of the Hoops for Hope basketball game, which took place March 7, at Northview High School, are currently available.
The DVD includes pictures and video of all the fun and entertainment provided by the basketball players, band, cheerleaders, dancers, contestants and more. The complete basketball game is also on the DVD.
There is approximately two hours of footage on the DVD.
Those interested in purchasing a copy of the DVD should contact Pat Krider at 448-2661 Ext. 1217.
Donations are the amount of choice for the purchaser and all donations will go to Relay For Life of Clay County.
* Cancer survivors and caregivers are urged to sign up online to attend the Survivor and Caregiver Ceremony and Reception at the 2011 Clay County American Cancer Society's Relay For Life event at the YMCA of Clay County, beginning at 5 p.m., May 14.
The ceremony and reception dinner, which is provided by Pappy's Bar-b-cue, is a way to honor and celebrate the lives of those who are currently fighting or have won the fight against cancer and those individuals who help take care of them.
* Aspiring artists of all ages are invited to participate in the upcoming "Chalk It Up" fundraising event for the 2011 Clay County Relay For Life.
Sponsored by three clubs at Northview High School -- Key Club, SADD and BPA -- the art contest is scheduled to take place in the sidewalk and parking lot areas on the east side of the school May 14 (with a rain date of May 21).
Artists will be separated into four categories, age 6 and under, 7-11, 12-18 and 19-adult.
They can begin their artistic endeavors at 8 a.m., and have until 1 p.m., to finish their designs before the judging begins and photos are taken. Awards for first-, second- and third-place will be given out in all categories at 2 p.m.
Applications and the $15 registration fee need to be turned in at Northview High School by Tuesday to reserve a 4'x4' space during the contest and to ensure T-shirt availability.
* Brazil Times' Staff Reporter Jason Jacobs is selling tickets for the upcoming "Scalping Party" during the 2011 Clay County American Cancer Society's Relay For Life, which takes place May 14-15, at the YMCA of Clay County.
Similar to 2009, when Jacobs promoted "Scalp the Mouth from the South," some lucky individuals will be able to lop off his locks, which will be divided into at least eight sections. This time Jacobs is going completely bald for the event, with the proceeds going to support Relay and the hair going to Locks For Love.
The scalping party immediately begins after the 9 p.m. Luminaria ceremony during the Relay event.
Raffle tickets are on sale now approximately one hour prior to the scalping on May 14 for $1 apiece or six for $5.
Tickets may be purchased at The Times' office during weekdays from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., as well as during The Brazil Times' Carnival, which is scheduled for 1-5 p.m., Saturday, May 7, in front of the Elks' Lodge, 19 S. Sherfey St., Brazil.
For more information about the raffle tickets, contact Jacobs at The Times' office at 446-2216 Ext. 233, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Clay County Sheriff's Department Relay For Life team is sponsoring a Golf Scramble at Oak Ridge Golf Course, 9784 North County Road 300 East, Saturday. Pre-registration for a four-man team is $200. The registration fee includes food.
Prizes will be awarded for first-, second- and third-place teams, longest drive, longest put and the closest to the pin. A raffle for various door prizes will also be available the day of the event.
Registration forms are available at the Oak Ridge Golf Course and the Clay County Sheriff's Department.
All proceeds will be used to support the 2011 Clay County American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
For more information about how to participate in the 2011 Clay County American Cancer Society Relay For Life, log onto the local Relay website http://www.relayforlife.org/claycountyin, the event Facebook page (Clay County Relay) or read ACS Relay For Life Chairperson Carrol Evans' blog "Updates for Relay" at www.thebraziltimes.com.