CLAY CITY -- Clay City High School has announced the Distinguished Alumni award will be presented this year during the commencement program Sunday, June 5.
Graduates from Ashboro, Bowling Green, Clay City or Cory high schools are eligible to nominate alumni from any of the four schools.
Nomination forms may be picked up at the high school office, or they can be mailed by calling 812-939-2154.
Nominations forms may also be obtained from any of the D.A.A. Committee Members: Carolyn Thomas, representing Bowling Green; Doris Easter, representing Ashboro; Chloe Rhodes, representing Cory; Tom Gerber, representing Clay City; Keith Jones, faculty member representative; and Bryce Westen, Clay City Student Body President.
Suggested guidelines to consider when making a nomination for the award include:
* Nominee must be a graduate of one of the four high schools that present constitute Clay City,
* Nominee should have graduated at least 15 years prior to receiving the award,
* Nominee may have received an award or other recognition in government, civic, professional, religion, or in other activities or work,
* May have served an elective office in government,
* May have published articles, conducted seminars, given lectures, etc.,
* May have provided leadership and given of his/her time to the country, state, community, church, etc.,
* Nominee must be able to present at graduation to receive the D.A.A., and
* Other criteria may be considered which is important.
The deadline for submitting a nomination for to Clay City High School or a committee member is Friday, May 20.