During the weekend, the Clay Youth League 11-year-old and 12-year-old All-Star squads both picked up state titles.
Two other local teams will begin tournament play this week.
The CYL 13-year-old All-Star squad will host the Babe Ruth State Tournament this year.
According to manager Jeff Stewart, 17 teams will take part, including squads from Noblesville, New Castle, Plainfield, New Palestine, Elwood, Greenfield, Ellettsville, Connersville, Delta, Whiteland, Anderson, Shelby County, Riley, Batesville and more.
"The format is pool play and then a single elimination," Stewart said. "The competition in this age group is expected to be tough."
Stewart said the CYL 13s are the two-time defending state champion.
"Our expectations are high, but we know it will be a challenge," he said.
The squad will play its first game Friday, at 5 p.m., when it faces Connersville. The game will be played at Northview High School.
The local All-Star squad will then face Delta Saturday, at 11:30 a.m., at the CYL complex.
The tournament officially begins Thursday, at 5 p.m., with Noblesville facing Valle Field at Northview. Pool play is expected to conclude Saturday, at 8 p.m., with Riley facing Anderson (Shryock), also at Northview.
Following pool play, teams will be seeded, with games scheduled for July 17-23. The championship game is scheduled to take place at 1 p.m., July 23.
According to the schedule, all teams will be guaranteed three games. Teams will be seeded after pool play competition based on win-loss record, then fewest runs given up, then run differential with a maximum of 10 per game and then a coin toss.
Members of the CYL 13-year-old All-Star squad include Tanner Knust, Tucker Stewart, Seth Barrett, Ben Girton, Hunter Wolfe, Brayden White, Mitchell Howald, Landon Swearingen, Logan Ames, Nathan Thomas, Blake Mershon, Liam Jones and Dalton Shaw.
Stewart serves as the squad manager and coaches are Mike Knust and Mark Howald.
In addition to the 13-year-old All-Star squad, the 15-year-old CYL All-Stars will begin tourney play in New Castle this week.
The 15-year-olds are also involved in a 17-team tournament.
Members of the 15-year-old squad include Connor Ganly, Bo Stewart, Connor Pierce, Austin Butts, Tanner Wilson, Damon Bass, Joe Ball, Bubby Dickison, Trevor Hetrick, Hunter Slack, Kyle Moore and Easton Booe. The squad is managed by Kent Bass and coached by Craig Trout.
CYL 13-under State Tournament Schedule
13-under Central Indiana Babe Ruth League 2011 State Tournament
Hosted by Clay Youth League
Pool Play Games
* Game 1 -- Noblesville vs. Valle Field (Thursday, 5 p.m., Northview),
* Game 2 -- Greenfield vs. Edgewood (Thursday, 7:30 p.m., Northview),
* Game 3 -- New Castle vs. Plainfield (Thursday, 5 p.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 4 -- New Palestine vs. Elwood (Thursday, 7:30 p.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 5 -- Connersville vs. Clay Youth League (Friday, 5 p.m., Northview),
* Game 6 -- Whiteland vs. Anderson (Sloderbeck) (Friday, 7:30 p.m., Northview),
* Game 7 -- Riley vs. Batesville (Friday, 5 p.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 8 -- Noblesville vs. Edgewood (Friday, 7:30 p.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 9 -- Whiteland vs. Shelby County (Saturday, 9 a.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 10 -- CYL vs. Delta (Saturday, 11:30 a.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 11 -- Valle Field vs. Greenfield (Saturday, 9 a.m., Northview),
* Game 12 -- New Castle vs. Elwood (Saturday, 11:30 a.m., Northview),
* Game 13 -- Batesville vs. Anderson (Shryock) (Saturday, 2 p.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 14 -- Anderson (Sloderbeck) vs. Shelby County (Saturday, 5:30 p.m., Clay Youth League),
* Game 15 -- Connersville vs. Delta (Saturday, 2 p.m., Northview),
* Game 16 -- Plainfield vs. New Palestine (Saturday, 5:30 p.m., Northview),
* Game 17 -- Riley vs. Anderson (Shryock) (Saturday, 8 p.m., Northview)
Note: Seeded play will begin July 17 at 10 a.m. The championship game is scheduled for 1 p.m., July 23.