Sister Regina Norris, a native of Bicknell, was one of the 13 Sisters recognized.
She currently ministers as a substitute teacher and resource teacher at St. Jude School in Indianapolis.
Sister Regina, the former Sister Regina Clare, entered the congregation Sept. 18, 1961, from St. Joseph Paris in Bramble. She professed perpetual vows Aug. 15, 1969.
She graduated from Indiana University with a bachelor's degree in elementary education and received a master's degree in elementary education from IU.
Among her Indiana ministries included a sting at Annunciation School, where she taught from 1965-67.
Other Indiana ministries for Sister Regina included teaching at St. Leonard School in West Terre Haute (1964-65), teaching at St. Charles Borromeo School in Bloomington (1967-78), and teaching at St. Jude School in Indianapolis (1978-99).
Other Sisters honored were Susan Dinnin, Mary Catherine Guiler, Betty Hopf, Lawrence Ann Liston, Margaret Lynch, Diane Mason, Laura Ann McLaughlin, Mary Morley, Margaret Nau, Camille Neubauer, Maria Saracco and Mary Jeanine Schubert.
The Sisters of Providence, a congregation of nearly 400 women religious, have their motherhouse at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, located northwest of Terre Haute.
Saint Mother Theodore Guerin founded the Sisters of Providence in 1840. Today, Sisters of Providence minister in 19 states, the District of Columbia, Taiwan and China.
For more information about any of the ministries of the Sisters of Providence, log on to www.SistersofProvidence.org.