The fall 2011 schedule has been expanded to include a variety of classes that will be offered at the Linking Education to Adults, Adolescents and Preschoolers (LEAAP) Center, 501 E. Jackson St., Brazil, or North Clay Middle School.
The following is a schedule of the available classes:
* Communications 101 -- Fundamentals Public Speaking (three credits): Wednesdays, 6-8:45 p.m.,
* Economics 201 -- Principles of Macroeconomics (three credits): Wednesdays, 6-8:45 p.m.,
* English 112 -- Exposition and Persuasion (three credits): Tuesdays, 6-8:45 p.m.,
* Ivy Tech 101 -- First Year seminar (one credit): Fridays, 6-7:50 p.m.,
* Mathematics 015 -- Fundamentals of Algebra I (five credits): Thursdays, 6:30-8:45 p.m.,
* Mathematics 118 -- Concepts in Mathematics (three credits): Fridays, 6-8:45 p.m., and
* Sociology 111 -- Introduction to Sociology (three credits): Mondays, 6-8:45 p.m.
Senior scholars receive free tuition under certain requirements.
Senior scholars must be Indiana residents 60-older with a high school or GED diploma, not employed full-time and retired from their primary vocation.
Seniors are responsible for the cost of books, supplies, technology fees or lab fees (if applicable).
Senior scholars may take a course delivered by distance education.
To register or for more information, call the admission office at 812-298-2281 or 1-800-377-4882, Ext. 2281, or log on to www.ivytech.edu.
The admission assessment (E-COMPASS) may be taken at the LEAAP Center by calling 446-2536 for an appointment.