At approximately 7 p.m., firefighters with the Van Buren Volunteer Fire Department and Dick Johnson Township Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to 14687 Locust St., Carbon, the home of Bobbi Lovett, for a possible fire.
Upon arrival, Van Buren Fire Chief Pete Taylor said firefighters witnessed thick smoke coming from the home.
However, within minutes, the fire was under control.
"There were some hot spots in the wall," Taylor said. "We had to cut through the roof to get to it."
After cutting through the roof, firefighters discovered a wiring issue. Taylor said the home was running two window air conditioning units and an overload in the wiring may have caused the fire.
Lovett was at work when she was called about the fire.
Firefighters were still at the scene close to 8 p.m., checking for more possible hot spots.