SHELBURN -- Indiana Landmarks recently awarded the town of Shelburn a $2,400 grant for a feasibility study on the Shelburn Interurban Depot.
The study will determine restoration needs and estimated costs.
Constructed in 1920, the depot was last used as a small plastic manufacturing facility.
Several years ago, the town acquired the vacant depot with plans to stabilize the structure.
The Town of Shelburn expects the study funded by the Endangered Places Grant will provide direction in the depot's rehabilitation and reuse.
The building could be reused as a community center, museum or local business.
Indiana Landmarks makes Endangered Places matching grants throughout the state to non-profit organizations for feasibility studies and other activities related to saving landmarks and strengthening preservation groups.
Other recent grant recipients include organizations in Corydon, Marion, Jasper and Morgan counties.
For more information about Indiana Landmarks' grant programs, call Tommy Kleckner, Director of Indiana Landmarks Western Regional Office in Terre Haute, at 812-232-4534, or e-mail email@example.com.