The following is a list of candidates who filed to run in the 2011 Municipal Election but will not appear on the Nov. 8, 2011, ballot.
According to recent state legislation, candidates who file and are running unopposed will not appear on the ballot.
The list was provided by the Clay County Election Office:
City of Brazil
* City Council Ward 2 -- Samuel N. (Sam) Glover
Town of Carbon
* Clerk-Treasurer -- Diane G. Fields, and
* Town Council -- David A. McFaddin, Dennis E. Rightsell and Josephine A. Rightsell
Town of Center Point
* Clerk-Treasurer -- Roger R. Campbell, and
* Town Council -- Helen L. Hoffa, Donald William Moreau and Roy A. Smith
Town of Harmony
* Clerk-Treasurer -- Donna Jan Mullinix,
* Town Council Ward 1 -- Elmer W. Pollard Sr.,
* Town Council Ward 2 -- Leslee Ann McDonald,
* Town Council Ward 3 -- Brian David Mathis, and
* Town Council Ward 4 -- Opal Janice Gooch
Town of Knightsville
* Town Council -- David M. Brown, Debra S. Cress and Charles M. (Mike) Kester
Town of Staunton
* Clerk-Treasurer -- Catherin L. Mienheartt, and
* Town Council -- William A. (Andy) Kirchner, Bradley W. (Brad) Webster and Edward A. Nevins.