The 19th Christmas In The Park Parade will take place Friday, Nov. 25.
Sponsored by Lynn's Pharmacy, the event has taken life throughout the years and officially kicks off the Christmas season in Clay County.
The parade is the beginning of a month's worth of festivities.
This year, the theme is "Candyland."
The parade lineup will take place on North Vandalia Street at 5 p.m., and will begin at 7, proceeding west on National Avenue and concluding at Depot Street.
The following are parade rules for those wishing to take part:
* For safety's sake, no throwing of candy or other items will be allowed. Candy or other giveaway items should be handed to spectators by participants, never thrown. Violators will be subject to removal from the parade,
* Fire extinguishers are mandatory. Any vehicular unit should have at least one fire extinguisher aboard and readily accessible,
* Units must keep moving forward. No stopping for any reason other than emergencies is allowed. Try to maintain approximately 30-feet between entries and don't allow large gags to form in the lineup,
* Names of sponsors should be visible to spectators,
* All vehicles should be decorated and lighted, with the exception of tow vehicles,
* No intoxicated persons will be allowed to participate in the parade. Any intoxicated person will be removed from the parade and police will be notified,
* "Santa Claus" will have a place of honor at the conclusion of the parade. No other persons dressed as Santa will be allowed in the parade. Santa figurines will be acceptable,
* Political units must consist only of float entries by respective political parties,
* For safety's sake, emergency vehicles should not use sirens and/or horns during the parade, unless they are called upon to respond to an emergency and must leave the parade in progress. Entrants violating the rule may be removed from the parade. Music may be played over a PA system,
* Headlights should be turned off when the parade begins,
* The parade committee reserves the right to reject any application, and
* The committee asks all involved to provide them written comments concerning entries. An emcee on the reviewing stand will announce entries as they pass and read a brief description of the entry/group/organization, etc., if something is furnished.
For further information regarding the parade, call Eddie Treadway or Linda Ray at 446-1811, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.