Individuals who are interested in beginning a career as an Indiana State Trooper may apply online at http://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm.
The website will provide a detailed synopsis of the application process as well as a career with the Indiana State Police Department.
Applications must be received via e-mail by midnight Friday, Nov. 25, 2011.
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted for the recruit academy.
Basic eligibility requirements and consideration factors for an Indiana State Trooper include:
* Being a United States citizen,
* Be at least 21 and less than 40-years-old when appointed as a police employee,
* Have vision correctable to 20/50,
* Possessing a valid driver's license to operate an automobile, and
* Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED.
The Indiana State Police Department salary is competitive with surrounding agencies.
A recruit is paid $1,417.40 bi-weekly during the academy training. At the completion of academy training, the starting salary is $38,444 yearly.
Interested applicants may obtain additional information about a career as an Indiana State Trooper by contacting a recruiter at any Indiana State Police Post or by logging onto www.in.gov/isp/2365.htm# to find recruiters assigned in designated areas.