When it comes to the holidays, decking the halls and donning festive attire can help put you in the spirit; but, don't forget your pet when you're prepping for the season.
Here are some great tips and gift ideas for pets and pet lovers to make the most of those special holiday moments.
Gifts for your pets:
* Stay warm, dress up. To keep your dog cozy and stylish throughout the winter season, consider purchasing a Martha Stewart Pets houndstooth coat to wear during blistery weather walks. Or, turn heads at any holiday part with a throwback to 80s rock bands with Top Paw retro dog T-shirts,
* Prep your dog. If you're hosting guests during the holiday season, make sure you give your dog some extra attention. Pamper your dog with a fresh groom complete with a sugar cookie scent at PetSmart grooming salons to get your pet camera ready. Make sure to get their teeth brushed so their breath is extra fresh when they greet your guests at the door,
* Give them a treat. When hosting a holiday feast, your dog is likely to beg for a few table scraps. Keep them busy and happy with a dog bone or rawhide while company sits down to eat. Even rawhides can be festive when shaped like candy canes or snowmen so your dog can have a special holiday treat of his own,
* Give them a vacation, too. If your family is traveling for the holidays, consider taking your dog or cat to a PetSmart PetsHotel. Likewise, if you have a busy day of holiday shopping ahead of you, drop your dog off at the store's Doggie Day Camp. Your dog is sure to have a great time playing with other dogs, as well as interacting with the caring staff, and
* Keep dogs and cats happy and entertained. Many dog and cat toys get a makeover for the holidays. Check out the new festive designs and pick some up for your dog or cat to toss, tug and tease so they can have fun with your family and guests.
Gifts for Pet Lovers
* Deliver some treats. Whip up some delicious sugar cookies for pet parents and dog cookies for their pets. Then surprise someone you care about with a special holiday treat,
* Picture this. You can't go wrong with a personalized item featuring your loved one's pet. Several websites allow you to order printed photos or photo books. This year, pet parents can also show their love for their pet and the environment with pet-focused insulated cups that are BPA free and feature of variety of breeds, and
* Give a gift that keeps on giving. Help save homeless pets and give a gift at the same time when you purchase a Luv-A-Pet plush toy from PetSmart. When you purchase one of the two plush Luv-A-Pet toys, Chance the dog or Lucky the cat, 10 percent of the proceeds go to PetSmart Charities to help save the lives of homeless pets.
To learn more about gifts for pets and pet lovers, as well as to access tips for dogs and cat owners, visit www.PetSmart.com.