Now, through Thursday, March 1, 2012, scholarships are available through the Foundation's application process and will be reviewed by the Foundation's Scholarship Committee.
Dan Tanoos, the Foundation's Scholarship Committee Chairman, believes it is very rewarding to be able to help our local students in furthering their educational careers.
"Terre Haute and our surrounding communities are very fortunate to have generous donors to the Union Hospital Foundation who see the need to invest in the future of our young people," Tanoos said.
In 2011, Union Hospital Foundation presented $39,675 via 24 Foundation scholarships and four Service League scholarships.
While most scholarships are open exclusively to residents of the Wabash Valley -- limited to Clay, Parke, Sullivan, Greene, Vermillion and Vigo counties in Indiana, and Clark, Crawford and Edgar counties in Illinois -- who meet the general eligibility requirements, others are applicable only to Union Hospital, Union Hospital Clinton and Hospice of the Wabash Valley employees and their children.
Union Hospital Foundation Scholarship application forms are available on the Foundation's website, www.unionhospitalfoundation.org, and at local high schools, colleges and universities.
The following is a list of scholarships available:
* The Bernita Laybold Hershfield Nursing Scholarship,
* The Mary Joan and Thomas Conway Scholarship for Health Careers,
* The Dr. C.N. Combs Memorial Nursing Scholarship,
* The Wanita I. and Ernest E. Hinshaw Nursing Education Fund,
* The Gertrude and Ralph Horton Grants-in-Aid for Nursing Education,
* The Gladys N. Marvel, R.N. and Cecil B. Marvel Memorial Nursing Scholarship,
* The Amanda Pugh Memorial Nursing Scholarship,
* The Michele Pantle Memorial Nursing Scholarship,
* The John C. and Jennie Figg Health Careers Scholarship,
* The Eleanor N. Royse Health Career Scholarship,
* The Century Club Health Careers Scholarship,
* The Frank and Linda Shelton Scholarship,
* Donna Hux Scholarship for Hospice,
* The Union Hospital Foundation Academic Scholarships,
* The Brandon Bickers Memorial Scholarship for Student Athletes, and
* Service League's Margaret Carroll Scholarship.
For further information, contact Union Hospital Foundation Executive Director Jim Bertoli at 812-238-7534 or e-mail email@example.com.