There are only a handful of days before the end of the 2012 Primary Election filing period.
And as of Friday, only six more local names were added to the list.
Clay County Election Office Deputy Clerk Jason Jacobs told The Brazil Times he expected a flurry of residents to file candidacies this week.
"Most of the county positions have competition," Jacobs said. "There have been other people that (come in and picked up the paper work) and are considering it. There could be more (this) week."
Potential candidates have until noon, Friday, to file candidacy. In addition, candidates have until noon, Monday, Feb. 13, to withdraw their names.
Individuals were allowed to begin filing Wednesday, Jan. 11.
Recent county residents that filed included the following:
* Joel R. Reinoehl -- Republican, for Coroner,
* D. Mark Barnhart -- Republican, for Precinct Committeeman, Brazil 1,
* Frank E. Beasley -- Democrat, for Democrat State Convention Delegate,
* Patricia (Pat) Heffner -- Republican, for County Council At-Large,
* Joseph D. Trout -- Democrat, for Clay County Circuit Court Judge, and
* Eric L. (Rick) Wyndham -- Republican, for Republican Precinct Committeeman, Jackson 2, and Republican State Convention Delegate.
Prior to last week, several county residents had filed for many positions, including Clay County Commissioners, Clay County Council, Clay County Recorder, Clay County Surveyor and more.
Other county offices up for election this year include Clay County Superior Court Judge (six-year term).
Those wishing to run for office must register at the Clay County Election Office, located on the second floor of the Clay County Courthouse. The office is open Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m.-noon, and 1-4 p.m.
The May 8 Primary Election will also feature individuals hoping to become Democratic or Republican party candidates in November at the federal and state level, including President of the United States, United States Representative District 8, United States Senator, Governor, Indiana Attorney General, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction, Indiana Representative District 42, Indiana Representative District 44, and Indiana Representative District 46.