The following is a list of calls the Brazil City Fire Department have responded to from Feb. 6-Feb. 18:
* Monday, Feb. 6 -- At 4:59 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of illegal burning at 310 N. Charles B. Hall. The unattended fire was extinguished,
* Monday, Feb. 6 -- At 5:20 p.m., firefighters responded to 436 E. Church St., for a complaint of illegal burning. Fire was extinguished and the property owner was notified of the City ordinance that applies to burning,
* Monday, Feb. 6 -- At 5:49 p.m., firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in an apartment on the 9th floor of Cooper Towers at 120 W. Jackson St.,
* Tuesday, Feb. 7 -- At 2:12 p.m., firefighters responded to a small fuel leak at 2150 E. National Avenue, Wal-Mart Parking lot. Firefighters used dry absorbent to clean up the small spill,
* Saturday Feb. 11 -- At 8:14 a.m., firefighters responded to a ruptured diesel fuel tank on a Semi Tractor Trailer in front of 304 E. National Avenue, Hardees Restaurant. Containment was established, and contacted Greencastle Fire Department Hazardous Material Trailer, GFD crews assisted with stopping the leak, cleaning up and disposal of approximately 60 gallons of diesel fuel that had leaked into the roadway,
* Saturday, Feb. 11 -- At 1:22 p.m., firefighters responded to an automobile accident at the intersection of Whiterock Road and State Road 59. Firefighters assisted Brazil Police with Traffic Control and Ambulance Service with Patients,
* Monday, Feb. 13 -- At 10:41 p.m., firefighters responded to an automobile accident at the intersection of Short St. and Vine St. The accident resulted in property damage only, no injuries,
* Wednesday, Feb. 15 -- At 12:40 a.m., firefighters responded to a small recreational fire. The fire was in violation of the time limitations of the ordinance and was extinguished,
* Thursday, Feb. 16 -- At 5:02 p.m., firefighters responded to an automobile accident at the intersection of Forest Ave. and Pinckley St. One patient transported to St. Vincent Clay Hospital,
* Thursday, Feb. 16 -- At 3 p.m., firefighters responded to 909 S. Franklin St., an unoccupied home, for a smoke detector alarm sounding. Alarm was reported by neighbors,
* Friday, Feb. 17 -- At 7:38 a.m., firefighters responded to 611 E. National Ave., the Clay County Courthouse, to investigate the a report of smoke coming from the roof. Courthouse checked out okay. The appearance of smoke was likely due to steam,
* Friday, Feb. 17 -- At 8:04 a.m., a crew of Firefighters responded to 314 N. Ashley St. to assist the Ambulance Service with lifting a patient,
* Friday, Feb. 17 -- At 2:16 p.m., Firefighters were dispatched to Forest Park School to assist with helping a student down from a height in the gymnasium. Student was safe when the department arrived, and
* Saturday, Feb. 18 -- At 7:33 p.m., The Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 921 N. Meridian St. All occupants were out of the house.
Firefighters kept fire contained to one room, interior of house sustained heat damage and heavy smoke damage.
Equipment and crew back in service at 10 p.m.