The following is a list of calls the Brazil City Fire Department have responded to from Feb. 20-March 4:
* Monday, Feb. 20 -- At 1:12 p.m., firefighters responded to a complaint of burning in the middle of a dead-end street in front of 1106 N. Leavitt Street.
Firefighters informed the occupant of the city ordinance prohibiting this type of fire and extinguished it,
* Friday, Feb. 24 -- At 4:49 p.m., firefighters responded to a vehicle accident in front of 2030 E. National Ave.
* Friday, Feb. 24 -- At 10:32 p.m., firefighters responded to an oil furnace fire, at 722 N. Ashley St. The fire was out on arrival.
Firefighters investigated for heat damage and fire extension,
* Wednesday, Feb. 29 -- 5:49 a.m., firefighters responded to 314 N. Ashley St.,
to assist the Ambulance service with lifting a patient,
* Friday, March 2 -- At 5:54 p.m., firefighters responded to a vehicle fire in front of Long John Silvers. Fire Department was disregarded upon arrival,
* Friday, March 2 -- At 7:16 p.m., firefighters responded to the intersection of Noble St. and N. Chicago Ave. to power lines down.
A tree had blown over and pulled the electrical service from the house at 221 N. Chicago Ave. Firefighters remained on scene until the utility company arrived,
* Sunday, March 4 -- At 12:38 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire at 2234 E. Jackson St.
A crew of firefighters performed a primary search for victims, and did not locate any occupants.
Off duty firefighters and additional equipment were dispatched to the scene.
The initial crew of firefighters made interior attack and kept it contained to the kitchen and dining room area.
The house suffered major smoke damage throughout. Firefighters were able to salvage some of the occupant's personal property.
Occupants were not home at the time of the fire, no injuries reported.
All Firefighters and equipment were back in service at 3:30 a.m.