WEST TERRE HAUTE -- The Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods recently announced special services for Holy Week.
All services are open to the public in the Church of the Immaculate Conception.
People of all faith traditions are welcome to participate.
The following is a list of special services:
* Sunday of the Passion (Palm Sunday), April 1 -- Eucharistic Liturgy, blessing, procession of the palms and reading of the Lord's Passion, according to Mark, 11 a.m.,
* Monday-Wednesday (April 2-4) -- Daily liturgy, 11:30 a.m.,
* Thursday, April 5 ¬-- Holy Thursday evening Mass of the Lord's Supper, washing of the feet and reposition of the Blessed Sacrament, 4 p.m.,
* Friday, April 6 -- Good Friday reading of the Lord's Passion, according to John, solemn intercessions, veneration of the cross and Holy Communion, 3 p.m.,
* Saturday, April 7 -- Easter Vigil on the Holy Night of Easter, Blessing of the New Fire and Lighting of the Paschal Candle, Easter Proclamation expanded Liturgy of the Word, Renewal of Baptismal Promises and Holy Communion, 7 p.m. Guests are invited to gather inside the west church doors. Weather permitting, the Blessing of the New Fire will be outside, and
* Sunday (April 8) -- Eucharistic Liturgy, 11 a.m.
A festive Easter brunch will be available at Providence Center from 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Sunday, April 8.
Featured items include carved prime rib, shrimp cocktail, fillet of sole, beef stroganoff, Parmesan chicken and an omelet bar, in addition to the regular brunch items.
Cost is $18.69 for adults, $16.82 for seniors, $16.82 for military, $10.28 for youth, and children 3-under will be admitted free.
Cost does not include tax.
Cost does include beverage bar and dessert.
For more information, call Providence Center at 812-535-4531 or log on to www.SistersofProvidence.org.