[The Brazil Times nameplate] Partly Cloudy ~ 60°F  
High: 58°F ~ Low: 45°F
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

House Fire

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fire departments responded to a house fire Tuesday evening at 1961 W. County Road 500 N., Brazil. According to Fire Chief Larry Tempel, Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department, the owner had started a fire in the fireplace and then went outside to cover some plants. Five minutes later, the owner noticed more smoke than normal. The area around the chimney had caught fire and quickly spread to the attic.

Firefighters worked on the home from 7:30-10:30 p.m.

No one was injured, as no one was inside the home at the time of the fire.

According to Tempel, the main structure is a total loss. However, an addition to the back of the house didn't have much damage and the garage didn't have damage.

Responders included Posey Volunteer Fire Department, Corey Volunteer Fire Department, Center Point Volunteer Fire Department and Dick Johnson Volunteer Fire Department.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on thebraziltimes.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

Are we helping this family? Did they lose everything? Where can we donate?

-- Posted by pfrench on Wed, Apr 11, 2012, at 7:18 AM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: