The YMCA of Clay County will host a Community Health Fair from noon.-2 p.m., Saturday, April 28.
The event is for those who are on government assistant, i.e., WIC, Medicaid Hoosier Healthwise, TANF, SSI, housing, etc. Pre-registration is required. Those interested in attending must be pre-registered by April 26 to ensure a car seat will be available for their child.
Those interested in receiving a car seat will have to bring the following:
* Proof of government assistant and your child who needs a seat,
* Attendance to a child passenger safety education and information session,
* Completed paperwork required to receive a free seat for your child,
* Received instruction on installation and use of the child safety seat,
* Installing the child's seat in a vehicle, and
* Having the seat checked by a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician.
To register, call 812-232-5190 or e-mail Julie@cfiy.org, with the name, age and weight of your child.
Free childcare will be available.
The event will take place in the YMCA of Clay County classroom.
St. Vincent Clay Hospital and the YMCA of Clay County are sponsoring the event.