[The Brazil Times nameplate] Fair ~ 46°F  
High: 72°F ~ Low: 53°F
Friday, May 6, 2016

Fire Runs

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The following are recent runs made by the Brazil City Fire Department, as provided to The Brazil Times:

On Sunday April 1, at 9:40 p.m., firefighters responded to the area of North Forest and Coal St., to investigate the smell of smoke.

On Wednesday April 4, at 5:56 p.m., firefighters responded to a motor vehicle accident with personal injury in front of 210 W. National Ave.

On Thursday April 5, at 9:48 p.m., firefighters responded with Brazil Police Department and Clay County Sheriffs Department to a motor vehicle accident near 722 E. Mechanic St. A truck struck a utility pole guide wire and caused a power outage in the area.

On Friday April 6, 3:34 p.m., firefighters responded to 603 W. Kruzan St., for a garage fire near a house. Firefighters arrived at the scene at 3:38 p.m., and kept the fire contained to a small area of the garage and no damage was suffered to the home.

On Friday April 6, at 4:16 p.m., firefighters responded to Apartment C1 W. Central Village. While at the Kruzan St., scene, firefighters noticed a small fire on the back patio of Apartment C1. Firefighters responded and extinguished the fire caused from discarded cigarette.

On Saturday April 7, at 2:30 p.m., firefighters responded to smoldering mulch in the median at the Taco Bell/Walmart entrance.

On Sunday April 8, at 1:40 a.m., firefighter, received a call for a gas smell at 421 N. Forest Ave. Firefighters located and identified the source of the smell as a leaking gas line from a lawn mower being stored on the porch of the home. The smell was entering the house and causing headaches to occupants. A lawnmower was removed from the porch.

On April 10, at 1:53 p.m., the fire department responded to electrical fire on the electrical pole in front of 1525 N. Depot St. Firefighters contacted Duke Energy and stayed on scene until they arrived.

On April 11, at 12:07 p.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm at CARS Headstart and Day Services at 800 W. Jackson St. The alarm was set off by fluctuation in water pressure in the City's system.

On April 11, at 4:57 p.m., firefighters responded to 310 N. Elm St., for a trash fire.

On April 12, at 8:21 a.m., firefighters responded to investigate a smell of smoke at Annunciation Angels Preschool 415 E. Church St. An extensive search was conducted to locate the cause, no danger was found. The smell was attributed to a combination of dust from remodeling and boiler heating system being used due to the outside temperature change.

On April 12, at 12:22 p.m., firefighters conducted a second smell investigation at 415 E. Church St., Annunciation Angels Preschool, during afternoon class. The smell had dissipated, no trouble was found.

On April 13, at 8:30 p.m., firefighters responded to 801 S. Depot St., to investigate a fire that had occurred earlier in the day. The fire was extinguished and not extension was found.

On April 17, at 10:02 a.m., the Fire Department responded to St. Vincent Clay Hospital for Fire Alarm. A fire alarm was having service work performed. It was a false alarm.

On April 17, at 2:49 p.m., the Fire Department responded to St. Vincent Clay Hospital for activated fire alarm. The alarm had malfunctioned. It was a false alarm.

On April 17, at 4:49 p.m., firefighter Crews responded to 1049 Southgate Apartments for kitchen fire. The fire was extinguished and contained to one apartment. Firefighters removed the range from the Apartment, and removed smoke via positive pressure ventilation.

On April 17, at 10:53 p.m., firefighters investigated an illegal burn in the area of 1002 N. McGuire St.

On April 17, at 12:12 a.m., firefighters were called to investigate a smoke alarm sounding at 975 W. Central Ave. No danger was found. The Residents and home were secure. They were advised to replace batteries in a smoke alarm.

On April 18, at 6:01 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a house fire at 708 S. Chicago Ave. Occupants were exiting the house on arrival. Off duty firefighters were called to the scene. A second engine and aerial truck responded. Firefighters kept the fire contained to an outside wall. Used positive pressure fans to remove smoke from the home. No loss of contents, and no injuries were reported.