Washington Township Circle Club
The Washington Township Circle Club met April 12, at 1 p.m., at Judy England's home.
The pledge to the American Flag and Homemaker's Cree were repeated in unison.
Brenda's devotion came from Upper Room, John 10 V 10.
Roll call was answered by telling what your father did for a living. Five members and Lauralee Hawkins answered.
Brenda led us in singing, "Here comes Peter Cotton Tail."
Secretary and treasurer's reports were given and approved.
Collections were taken.
Judy's health and safety lesson was "When Supplements Become Dangerous."
Linda's report on Indiana's legislators, House of Representatives. Clay County has 23 places to vote.
Lessons for next year were discussed and chosen.
Fall district meeting is Aug. 24.
Homemakers Day July 19, 1 p.m., at the Clay County 4-H Fairgrounds.
April 24, 6 p.m. -- Cultural Arts. Homemaker's Workshop, Clay County Fairgrounds.
Linda gave the lesson, "Smilin' Feet."
We closed with the Homemaker's Prayer.
Rosalind won the door prize.
Our next meeting will be May 10, at 1 p.m.
Alpha Omega Chapter of Delta Theta Tau Sorority
The regular meeting of the Alpha Omega Chapter of Delta Theta Tau Sorority took place at 7 p.m., April 17, 2012, at Grace Chapel.
The meeting was opened by Chapter President Kathy Bridgewater with the Delta Opening Ceremony and Delta Prayer.
The secretary called roll with 14 members present.
The March minutes were approved as read.
The treasurer's report was read. The treasurer's report will be filed subject to audit. On a motion by Jennifer French, the bills will be paid.
Reports of Committees:
* March Philanthropy -- Kim and Jenny took items to LEAAP,
* Taste Treat -- As of today, 116 tickets have been sold. E-mail reminder of what to bring was sent to Diane. Dishes need to be there by 10:30 a.m.,
* Geraniums -- Michelle reported a delivery date by Tuesday, May 8, at the Forest Park Pavilion. Money will be due at the May meeting,
* Scholarship -- Lindsay Thomas is our 2012-13 scholarship recipient,
* Standing Rules -- These were approved by our National Officer and Melissa will have copies at the May meeting, and
* Ways and Means -- Jennifer Jones and Vangie reported. Recording Secretary cast a ballot for the new officers.
Melissa claimed philanthropy hours for German Oberlanders Festival and Cindy McKinney claimed hours for Wegeners 5K Walk.
Initiation for Stephanie will take place June 19, with practice the week before.
Thank you notes were read from St. Vincent Clay ER, LEAAP, NHS We Wish You Well program attendee Alyssa Conrad; Sympathy card from National VP for Phyllis Crabb.
Invitation from French Funeral Home for Daughter Brunch, April 30. RSVP by April 23.
The next meeting will be May 15. Party group is Jennifer Jones and Kathy Modesitt.
The meeting was closed with the Delta Closing Ceremony.