The YMCA of Clay County will host a car seat clinic from noon.-2 p.m., Saturday, April 28, in addition to a Community Health Fair from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The clinic is for those who are on government assistant, i.e., WIC, Medicaid Hoosier Healthwise, TANF, SSI, housing, etc.
The health fair is open to the public.
Those interested in receiving a car seat will have to bring the following:
* Proof of government assistant and your child who needs a seat,
* Attendance to a child passenger safety education and information session,
* Completed paperwork required to receive a free seat for your child,
* Received instruction on installation and use of the child safety seat,
* Installing the child's seat in a vehicle, and
* Having the seat checked by a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician.
Free childcare will be available.
The event will take place in the YMCA of Clay County classroom.
As part of the health fair, officials also stated a family fun run will take place Saturday, beginning at 9:45 a.m.