Activities begin at 10 a.m., and include the annual Relay for Life silent auction, the Bark for Life Dog Walk, the annual Survivors Walk and luncheon, a children's book sale, contests, demonstrations and more.
During the Bark For Life event, dogs and their owners are invited to join the fun at Bark for Life. The dog walk starts at 11 a.m., and registration opens at 9:30. The registration fee is $15 for one dog and $20 for two dogs. Participants will receive a T-shirt and a goodie bag from Scott Pet.
The Bark for Life event also includes many fun activities plus discounted goods and services, including:
* Nail trimming and doggie baths,
* factory direct pet products at discounted prices,
* personalized dog tags and pet portraits,
* pet look-alike and best kisser contests,
* sheep herding and agility demonstrations,
* games and more.
Also during Relay for Life, cancer survivors are invited to participate in the Survivor Walk and luncheon, beginning at noon. Following a short, non-competitive walk, participants will enjoy a lunch prepared by the ladies of Tri Kappa.
Following the survivor luncheon, all members of the public are invited to the Tri Kappa lunch, which features homemade soup, sandwiches and beverages. A children's book sale and face painting by Bubbles the Clown will entertain the children, while adults can check out the silent auction.
This year's auction is bigger than ever, with nearly 500 items up for grabs, including:
* Handcrafted items: Jewelry, pottery and Amish made furniture,
* passes to sporting events, amusement parks and museums,
* baskets full of Pampered Chef, Scentsy and Tastefully Simple products,
* gift certificates for popular restaurants and retailers, and
* toys for kids, moms and dads.
Every cent raised at this event goes to the American Cancer Society.
This event celebrates cancer survivorship, honors those lost to cancer and provides an opportunity for the community to support the Society's efforts to save lives and create more birthdays.
For more information, visit www.relayforlife.org.