The program is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m.
A panel of local residents will present the history of the chapel and town of Poland. The program is free and open to the public.
Poland is located about one-half mile west of the Owen County line. The town was settled in the 1820s and platted in 1841. The chapel was built in 1869 as the Poland Presbyterian Church. The record of the last church service was in 1927.
On June 12, 1966, a group of Poland community residents met at the church building to make plans and appoint committees to restore the church as a historic landmark. The meetings were the beginning of the Poland Historical Chapel Society.
The church restoration was a part of the Indiana Sesquicentennial Celebrate and to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the building.
The community restored the chapel again in the late 1980s. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior in 1990.
In 2009, the Poland community began an extensive restoration of the chapel, which was completed in 2011.
Well-known Owen County carpenter Mike Bruner led the work required to repair and restore the chapel.
Poland and its history are significant to both Clay and Owen counties. Many people in northwestern Owen County have ties to Poland.
One of Poland's rural routes reaches deep into Owen County, extending east to Cunot and south through Jordan Village to Fish Creek Road, out onto State Road 46 and back through Vandalia.
Sunday's program is co-sponsored by the Poland Historical Chapel Society, which was incorporated in 1967 to restore, preserve and maintain the chapel.
The Chapel Society will provide the panel of speakers who will discuss the history of Poland and the chapel.
Items of historical interest will be on display.
All are welcome to attend.