[The Brazil Times nameplate] Overcast ~ 52°F  
High: 63°F ~ Low: 47°F
Tuesday, May 3, 2016

State FSA issues annual report reminder for producers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Julia Wickard
INDIANAPOLIS -- USDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA) in Indiana Executive Director Julia A. Wickard issued a reminder Thursday for producers to submit their annual report of acreage to their local FSA county office to meet FSA program eligibility requirements.

"Producers must file their reports accurately and timely for all crops and land uses, including prevented and failed acreage, to ensure they receive the maximum FSA program benefits possible," Wickard said. "FSA's employees stand ready to assist producers during the busy spring season."

Accurate acreage reports are necessary to determine and maintain eligibility for most programs administered by FSA, such as the Direct and Counter-Cyclical Payment Program (DCP) and the Average Crop Revenue Election Program (ACRE). Further, these acreage reports allow producers to provide current information about crops planted and land use.

The information can greatly assist producers in demonstrating eligibility for future conservation and disaster relief.

Acreage reports are considered timely filed when completed by the applicable final crop reporting deadline.

General crop reporting deadlines for Indiana are:

* May 31 -- Fall and spring seeded small grains in Southern Indiana,

* July 15 -- Spring seeded crops and CRP for entire state, and

* July 15 -- Fall and spring seeded small grains in Northern Indiana.

Prevented acreage must be reported with 15 calendar days after the final planting date. Failed acreage must be reported before the disposition of the crop.

Producers should contact their county FSA office if they are uncertain about reporting deadlines.

Late-filed provisions may be available to producers who are unable to meet the reporting deadline as required.

Reports filed after the established deadline must meet certain requirements to be accepted and may be charged late fees.

Producers should visit their county FSA office to complete acreage reporting.

For more information on these items or any FSA program, including specific crop reporting deadlines and planting dates, producers should contact their county FSA office.

More information on FSA programs is available at www.fsa.usda.gov.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: