The following is a list of calls the Brazil City Fire Department have responded to from May 18-May 2, as provided to The Brazil Times:
* Friday, May 18 -- At 12:59 p.m., Brazil firefighters were dispatched to Knights Inn on State Road 42, at the request of the Jackson Township Volunteer Fire Department. Firefighters responded in the city's ladder truck and additional manpower was sent to the scene after off-duty firefighters were called to the city fire station.
The fire occurred in the office building of the Knights Inn. The cause is under investigation by the authority having jurisdiction,
* Sunday, May 20 -- At 6:52 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to West Ridge Street to assist the Ambulance Service with the rescue of a resident who had partially fallen through a weak spot in the floor of their home.
They were unable to free themselves safely.
Firefighters assisted in freeing the resident who was later evaluated and refused transport,
* Sunday, May 20 -- At 1:34 p.m., firefighters responded to 1117 N. Walnut St. for a dump truck fire.
Debris in the bed was ignited by a discarded cigarette.
Fire crews extinguished the fire and returned to the station,
* Wednesday, May 23 -- At 8:57 p.m., firefighters responded to 790 N. Vandalia St. for a trash fire.
The fire was put out,
* Friday, May 25 -- At 1:56 p.m., firefighters responded to 1 E. National Ave., Riddell National Bank due to a fire alarm malfunction inside the vault,
* Friday, May 25 -- At 10 p.m., firefighters responded to Cooper Towers apartment 710 for an activated Smoke Alarm.
Resident at 710 was not home at the time of the call.
The malfunctioning smoke detector was disabled and maintenance was notified,
* Thursday, May 31 -- At 10:27 p.m., firefighters responded to 1506 E. National Ave. Phillips 66 Hunters Eastside for a gas service pump and vehicle fire.
An unoccupied vehicle with the engine running went into motion and accidentally struck a gas pump, breaking fuel lines and igniting a fire.
Firefighters extinguished the vehicle and pump, contacted the owner and taped off the damaged pump area to provide safety.
The fire is under investigation,
* Friday, June 1 -- At 8:01 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a vehicle accident at the intersection of Walnut Street and National Avenue. The accident was found to be property damage only,
* Friday, June 1 -- At 3:10 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a vehicle accident at the Walmart entrance.
City police disregarded the fire department upon arrival,
* Friday, June 1 -- At 3:45 p.m., firefighters responded to 110 E. Logan St., to investigate possible CO problem.
* Friday, June 2 -- At 1:01 p.m., firefighters responded with Brazil City Police Officers to a single vehicle accident resulting in a fatality on White Rock Road near Leavitt Street.
City firefighters removed one passenger from the vehicle with extrication equipment. E.M.T.'s and firefighters transported the patient from the scene to the Air Evac Life Team landing zone.
The patient was flown from Brazil to the Indianapolis Trauma Center at Riley Hospital.