ANGOLA, Ind. -- Local students were among the 520 boys selected to participate in the American Legion Hoosier Boys' State at Trine University.
Founded in 1937, the organization is celebrating its 75th year.
The event began June 10 and concluded June 16.
Those attending heard an "inspirational message" from Hall of Fame football coach and Trine trustee Lou Hold Wednesday, June 13.
Following Holtz' message, Trine University President Earl D. Brooks II, and Holtz presented Hoosier Boys State director Steve Bowman and his staff of the American Legion with a plaque for their dedication to the organization. The plaque also commemorated 75 years of success.
Area participants in 2012 Hoosier Boys' State included:
* Clay City High School student Grant Prindiville, Clay City, who was sponsored by the Clay City Lions Club,
* Clay City High School student Casey Truax, Coal City, who was sponsored by the Clay City Lions Club,
* Northview High School student Justin Sampson, Brazil, who was sponsored by American Legion Post 290,
* Northview High School student Ethan Sands, Brazil, who was sponsored by Jay Detzel, and
* South Putnam High School student John Briones, Greencastle, who was sponsored by American Legion Post 281.