The Clay County Soil and Water Conservation District has scheduled its 2012 Farm Tour Wednesday, Aug. 1, and Thursday, Aug. 2.
The agency will leave in the morning, Wednesday, Aug. 1, and return the evening of Thursday, Aug. 2.
Highlights of the trip will include:
* The presidential tour at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, Dayton, Ohio,
* Visit the oldest continuously operating business in Ohio since 1803 -- the Golden Lamb,
* Venture into the historic downtown of Lebanon, Ohio,
* Visit the Kirkwood, where those attending will stay for the first evening,
* Dinner at the Houston Inn,
* A visit to Marvin's Gardens
* Boarding the LMM (Lebanon Mason Monroe) railroad,
* A visit to the Lebanon Conference and Banquet Center for a catered lunch,
* A trip to Not Just Popcorn, Edinburg, Ind.,
* A visit to the Ozark Fisheries, Martinsville, Ind., and
* A visit to the Hunters Honey Farm.
The cost for the trip is $395 per couple, $255 for singles and $197.50 for splits.
Any adult interested in participating should contact the Clay County SWCD office at 955 W. Craig Ave., Brazil, to pick up a registration brochure or call 448-1108 Ext. 3. Those interested in attending are asked to RSVP as soon as possible.
The tour is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and is limited to 52 people.